Create believable characters
Empower your artists and TDs to create clothing that brings characters to life. Secondary animation effects add advanced levels of realism during runtime, in-game cinematics and set pieces.
Maintain artistic control
Don’t compromise artistic vision. Havok Cloth can handle edge cases like pinching, teleporting, and discontinuous motion while an artist-guided workflow gives teams more power.
Use familiar tools
Havok Cloth is easily customizable and fits into today’s workflow to maximize the productivity of artists and animators.
Artist-driven control of cloth behaviors
- Easy control of cloth properties such as stretching, damping, bending, and resistance to air
- Runtime support for slow-motion effects, variable frame rates, and high frequency collision detection, and robust handling of extreme situations such as pinching and teleportation
- Runtime support for cinematic cut-sequences and in-game set pieces
- Fully multithreaded and highly optimized for each supported platform to maximize game performance—including built-in support for instantiation of cloth items with minimal memory footprints on each instance
- Simulate partial cloth objects while the rest of the object is skinned to the character with smooth transitions between the two
- Detail features ensure characters and items closest to the camera look the best—allowing for decoupling of simulation and display representation for simulation to arbitrary meshes such as thick cloth
Landscape collision detection
- Highly optimized, memory efficient, and robust solutions that collide cloth with arbitrary triangle meshes
- Features full landscape collision detection support for triangle and mesh landscapes
- Havok Physics can be integrated into Havok Cloth to efficiently handle broad phase and mid phase collision detection
Modeler-based set-up tools
- Allows artists to quickly animate believable behaviors for character garments and environmental cloth
- Supports standard polygon modeling tools that enable you to work in the environments most familiar to you
- Modeler plug-ins allow you to flag meshes as Havok Cloth objects, create and associate collision detection primitives, and specify cloth properties using vertex color painting for per-vertex properties
Customer success Havok Cloth
“Havok Cloth enabled us to add another layer of character animations to Destiny, helping us create more visually iconic player characters and combatants.”
Shiek Wang, Art Director, Destiny 2