Senior Software Engineer (Military & Simulation)- Orlando
Havok has been at the cutting edge of innovation in game development for over a decade, and over the past five years we have made significant progress broadening our portfolio to include many key players in the Military and Simulation markets. We work closely with some of the largest and well known integrators in the world such as Lockheed Martin, SAIC, Boeing, Camber, KMW, Rheinmetal Defence.
We have an opening for a Senior Software Engineer with a background in C++ and 3d development, to join our Military & Simulation team based on Orlando, Florida. The role will involve local development work and Professional Services consulting onsite with our simulation customers. We hire people based on their talent and potential to contribute so if you think you have what it takes we want to hear from you.
- Support Havok customers by managing and delivering assigned professional services from specification through to final delivery.
- Using your technical capability and industry knowledge, scope out the key requirements with customers.
- Implement and deliver software solutions while managing customer expectations.
- Help and guide customers on the best use of Havok engine technology.
- Become recognized as an expert on Havok and other technologies internally, and within the industry.
- Mentor and coach colleagues on assigned projects/tasks.
- Ensure satisfaction at the end of any engagement, Project professionalism, confidence and an ability to deliver in all interactions with customers.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in C/C++ development (5-10 years preferred)
- Strong knowledge and experience in 3D Mathematics and 3D modelling tools
- 5+ years’ experience working in the Training and Simulation Industry
- Experience working in the game industry highly desirable (2-3 years preferred)
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English
- Ability to quickly integrate socially into a team and gain the trust of new colleagues
- Experience working with customers to understand their technical requirements
- Ability to advise customers’ the on best way to use/integrate Havok technology
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time (Mostly around North America)
At Havok, we offer a unique environment and opportunity to work alongside talented colleagues in a challenging role with real job satisfaction. We have a supportive environment where you will have career, travel and research opportunities. We operate in high spec, relaxed offices in some of the most exciting cities around the world. Our salaries are competitive and we provide excellent benefit and relocation packages. We at Havok are very proud of who we are and what we do. We hire people based on their talent and potential to contribute so if you think you have what it takes we want to hear from you! Havok is an equal opportunity employer.