Basics Privacy Principles
Respect for privacy is fundamental to the culture of the Havok Group of companies and helps maintain trust in our brand and in our products and services. Havok Group is transparent about our privacy practices, including why we collect, use, keep, and share personal information. Read our complete Online Privacy Notice for more details.
The following are the basic principles we apply when collecting and using personal information:
Transparent Collection and Choice
- Havok Group will always try to explain why we need to collect personal information when we ask you for it and give you a choice when appropriate.
- Havok Group will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collect it. For example, to deliver a product or service that you requested, enable you to join online activities, or improve your experience with us. We will keep it only to fulfill compatible purposes, additional purposes to which you have consented, or as required by law.
- When Havok Group shares your personal information with authorized third parties, we provide them with only the amount they need to complete the service requested. We do not allow third parties to use your personal information for something different. Havok Group does not sell personal information to third parties, unless the information is included in the sale of a business or other assets, or you give us permission.
- The security of your personal information is very important to us. Havok Group uses industry-standard security methods to protect your personal information from loss and misuse.
It’s Your Information
- You may access and update your personal information and manage your communication preferences logging onto your profile on a Havok Group website as applicable or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for updates to personal information.
This Online Privacy Notice applies to websites of the Havok group of companies worldwide which include Havok.com, HavokSimulation.com, Rocketbox.de, Rocketbox-libraries.com, and any other websites of Telekinesys Research Ltd., Havok.com, Trinigy GmbH, Rocketbox Studios GmbH or their respective subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively referred to herein as “Havok Group”).
Havok Group websites may provide links to websites operated by third parties. Third party websites are not covered by this policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on any such third party websites. The inclusion of a link to a third party website does not imply an endorsement of the linked site or service by Havok Group.
Havok Group collects personal information such as your name, address, email address and (as applicable) payment card information for a variety of reasons. For example, we may collect personal information to deliver a product or service that you have requested, enable your participation in online activities, or personalize your experience. We will explain why we need to collect this information when we ask you for it and keep it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
We may also collect demographic data, which is anonymous data such a geographical area, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation. This demographic data does not contain any information that can identify you personally and is used to evaluate and improve our websites and services.
In some instances we may combine demographic data with personal information (such as combining your name with your postal code), and we will treat that combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
Havok Group may collect personal information from in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your web browser or device: Most browsers and devices collect certain demographic data automatically, for example, type and version of operating system, screen resolution, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, etc. This data does not contain any information that can identify you personally and is used to evaluate and improve our websites and services.
- Through Your Use of our Software: Certain Havok software may make Internet connections in order to validate license keys or take other measures to prevent unauthorized use, check for updates and provide anonymous error, demographic, and usage statistics to Havok Group.
- IP Address: IP addresses are automatically transmitted as part of any Internet communication, and collecting IP addresses is a common practice; many websites, applications and other Havok Group services collect IP addresses automatically. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels of certain services, helping diagnose server problems, security, and administering the Havok Group services.
Havok Group will only use your personal information for the purpose it was collected. Including without limitation, to do the following:
- to deliver a product or service that you have requested;
- to enable your participation in online activities, such as forums, message boards, newsgroups, sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities, Some of these activities have additional rules which will be provided to you at the time you elect to participate in them. You should read these rules carefully as they may provide more information about how the personal information you provide is used;
- to personalize your experience;
- to send you marketing communications you have requested or that we believe may be of interest to you, such as newsletters and information on product updates;
- certain Havok Group websites that permit online purchasing, will use your personal information to complete and fulfill your purchase, process your payments, and communicate with you regarding your purchase;
- to provide you with customer service regarding Havok Group software or other services you may have licensed from us.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, testing, enhancing, improving, or modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and expanding our business activities; and
- to send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding Havok Group services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
We will not use your personal information for a different purpose without first asking your permission.
Havok Group may share your personal information with companies within the Havok group worldwide for the purposes described in this policy.
We may also share your personal information with authorized third parties for processing, storage or fulfilment, including the following:
- To our authorized third-party service providers and suppliers who provide services to us such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing (if applicable), auditing, database services (such as Salesforce.com), and other similar services;
- To third party sponsors, administrators, or fulfilment agencies of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions;
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- As we believe is required, necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process and/or to respond to requests from competent public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations and those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety and physical and intellectual property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Authorized third parties may be located outside your country of residence, unless otherwise required by law. We only provide third parties with the minimum amount of personal information necessary to complete the requested service. We do not allow third parties to use your personal information for a different purpose.
You may access and update your personal information and manage your communication preferences logging onto your profile on a Havok Group website or by emailing us at email@example.com for unsubscribe requests or firstname.lastname@example.org for updates to personal information. For marketing communications follow the unsubscribe instructions in the communication (for example for a marketing communication from Havok you can click the unsubscribe link, or for a communication from Rocketbox Studios you should respond to the message with the word “Unsubscribe”).
Alternatively you may make a written request by sending a letter to one of the mailing addresses in the How Can I Contact Havok? section below including your name, user ID (if applicable), e-mail address, and the details of your request. For example, if you wish to unsubscribe from a newsletter, include the name of the newsletter.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. Havok Group uses industry standard security measures designed to provide reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect your personal information within our organization against unauthorized or unlawful access, alternation, disclosure or destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting by any means set out in the How Can I Contact Havok? section below.
If you have created an account with us, you are responsible for keeping your user id and password (if any) confidential. We will not ask you for your password, except when you log in to one of our websites.
Havok Group will only retain your personal information to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
Havok Group products and services are not directed at minors, and Havok Group does not knowingly collect the personal information of children under the age of 13 or to minors as otherwise defined in local law or regulation. We request that minors do not provide personal information to Havok Group. However, if you believe that we may have collected personal information of a minor, please let us know by any means set out in the How Can I Contact Havok? section below. If we learn that we have collected children’s personal information without parental consent, we will delete it from our systems.
If you submit personal information to Havok Group in connection with an employment opportunity, Havok Group will only use such personal information for recruitment purposes, and if you are offered a job or become employed by Havok Group, for other employment-related purposes.
By submitting your resume/C.V. information to Havok Group, you agree that we may use it for recruitment purposes (including transferring the data to other countries, transferring your information to other companies authorized to perform specific services for Havok Group and/or other processing relevant to recruitment purposes). It will not be shared with others for non-recruitment purposes.
Resumes/C.V.s should include information relevant to your employment history and education (degrees obtained, places worked, positions held, relevant awards, and so forth). Havok Group recommends that you do not disclose sensitive personal characteristics (e.g. gender, height, weight, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, financial data) in your resume/C.V. or letters to Havok Group.
Havok Group will not retain your personal information longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. Resumes/C.V.s may be retained in order to comply with various country requirements on applicant data reporting.
If you need to update or otherwise make changes to your resume/C.V., simply resubmit a new resume/C.V. If you wish to have your resume/C.V. completely removed from our system, please send an email to email@example.com . To aid our team in locating your resume/C.V., please be sure and include your name, email address and phone number as submitted with your resume/C.V.
By submitting your resume/C.V., you are consenting to the export of your information to the country where the job opening is located and to Ireland and/or the United Kingdom (for certain employment related data) for processing and storage.
You should check www.havok.com/privacy for updates. However, for major changes to this policy in the future, Havok Group will provide a notice on our website prior to implementing the change. Should a change involve a material new use of information, Havok Group will also provide those affected with a prior and meaningful opportunity to opt out of that new use.
You can contact Havok Group via the Contact Us form or other email addresses provided on our websites or by post at the one of the addresses listed below. Please include your contact information, name of the Havok Group web site or service, and a detailed description of your request or privacy concern.
49 Stevenson Street, 11th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105 USA
Third Floor, 6-10 Suffolk Street
Dublin 2, Ireland
California Residents: California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Havok Group who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Requests can be sent to Havok Group as described above.
Data Controller: The data controller for www.rocketbox.de and www.rocketbox-libraries.com is Rocketbox Studios GmbH. The data controller for all other Havok Group websites is Telekinesys Research Limited t/a Havok.
For information on your rights contact your national data protection supervisory authority. In the EU visit http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/ or in the United States visit www.commerce.gov or www.ftc.gov.
A Cookie is a small file, usually consisting of letters and numbers, placed on your computer, tablet, phone, or similar device, when you use that device to visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
Different types of Cookies are used to do different things. We use the following types of Cookies:
- Strictly necessary Cookies: These are Cookies that are required for the operation of our website and to diagnose problems with our server. For example to enable you to log onto secure areas of our websites or if applicable to use a shopping cart.
- Cookies to improve the user experience: These are Cookies that improve your experience on our website and remember you when you return to our websites. For example by remembering your language preference or user name.
- Cookies to provide analytics data: These Cookies track user traffic and other activities on our websites, but will not collect any data that identifies you personally such as your user name, email address, or billing information. These Cookies enable us to improve and optimize the way our websites work. Analytics Cookies also help us to improve and measure the performance of our advertising campaigns and to optimize our websites for those who engage with our advertising.
- Advertising Cookies. These Cookies record your online activities, including your visits to our websites, the pages you have visited, and the links and advertisements you have clicked. One purpose of this is to allow us and our service providers to deliver advertisements or other communications to you that are designed to be more relevant to your apparent interests. When we and our service providers do so, this also involves partners such as publishers, data management platforms, and demand side platforms that help to manage the data. For example, if you look at one page on one of our websites, that may cause an advertisement to be delivered to you, on our websites or on other websites, for products referenced on that page or for similar products and services.
Some Cookies, called “session Cookies,” operate from the time you visit a Havok Group website to the end of that particular web browsing session. These Cookies expire and are automatically deleted when you close your Internet browser.
Other Cookies, called “persistent Cookies,” will stay on your device between browsing sessions, they do not automatically expire when you close your browser. The length of time a persistent Cookie stays on your device varies from Cookie to Cookie. We and others use persistent Cookies for a variety of purposes, such as to store your preferences so that they are available for the next visit, and to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit our websites, how often you return, how your use of the websites may vary over time, and the effectiveness of advertising efforts.
Cookies may be placed on your device by Havok Group as the Site operator. These Cookies are called “first party” Cookies. Other Cookies may be placed on your device by a party other than Havok Group. These Cookies are called “third party” Cookies. For example, Havok Group payment processer may place a third party Cookie to enable shopping cart features.
Cookies may also be used that allow us and third parties to know when you visit our websites, and to understand how you interact with e-mails, advertisements, or other content. Through Cookies, aggregate and other information not identifying individual users (such as your operating system, browser version, and the URL you came from, including from e-mails and advertisements) may be obtained and used to enhance your experience and understand traffic patterns. This technology counts the number of users who visit a particular service from specific banner advertisements outside Havok Group websites or who clicked on links or graphics included in e-mail newsletters received from Havok Group. It is also used as a tool to compile aggregated statistics about how Havok Group websites are used, to perform analytics and help us to optimize our websites, and to help serve you advertising based on your interests, as described in further detail below.
Most browsers are initially setup to accept copies. If you prefer you can reset your browser either to notify you when you’ve received a cookie or to refuse to accept cookies or install browser add-ons such as the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser (available from Google). You should understand that areas of certain websites will not function properly if you set your browser not to accept cookies. The following web sites provide information on how to adjust the Cookies settings on some popular browsers:
You can also use a browser plug-in such as Ghostery from Evidon Inc. or the Tracking Protection List from TRUSTe. (A browser plug-in is a piece of software which adds extra capabilities to your browser—for example, to play video or scan for viruses).
Adobe Flash Player is software for viewing multimedia on a computer. Web sites that use Adobe Flash may store flash cookies on user’s devices to remember settings, preferences, and usage similar to other types of Cookies. These flash Cookies may also be known as Flash Local Shared Objects (LSOs). Intel may use Flash LSOs to provide special content, such as video and animation playback. You can find a good summary of how to manage Flash LSOs at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html.
To opt out of Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics Cookies across Intel web sites visit:
- Adobe Analytics: http://www91.intel.com/optout.html
- Google Analytics: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Last updated: April 7, 2015