Guild Wars 2
For more information about the use of Havok technology in Guild Wars 2, see our press release.
From ArenaNet and NCSoft
Guild Wars 2
Guild Wars 2 has set itself apart from other MMO games by allowing players to directly influence the state of the world through gameplay and player interactions, providing different experiences for each gamer. Since the initial announcement of Guild Wars 2, the game has received numerous awards and accolades including being selected as one of IGN and GameSpot’s “Most Anticipated Games of 2012,” and also nominated by G4 as “Best MMO of 2012.”
For generations, strife and chaos raged across Tyria as the great races competed and warred against each other. Then the dragons awoke. The all-powerful Elder Dragons rose from beneath earth and sea, wreaking havoc on a global scale. Great cities crumbled before their might. Coastlines flooded. Lush forests burned. Tyria was forever altered. Now, the undead legions of the deathless dragon Zhaitan surge across the land, hungry for the destruction of the free races of Tyria: the Charr, a ferocious race of feline warriors; the Asura, magical inventors of small size and great intellect; the Norn, towering shapeshifters from the frigid north; the Sylvari, a mysterious race of mystical plant folk; and the Humans, an embattled but resilient people. The time has come for the free races to stand together against the rising tide of evil. Magic, cold steel, and the deeds of heroes will determine the fate of Tyria.
- Dynamic, Interactive Gaming Experience - Your choices and actions have a real effect on the world around you. Will the besieged villagers fight off the rampaging centaur horde or succumb to the attack? You decide.
- Personalized Storylines - Guild Wars 2 is your story. Follow your own customized quest storyline as it evolves from choices you made at the beginning of the game.
- New Depths of Character Customization - You choose from eight powerful professions and from five races - the defiant Humans, the feline Charr, the unearthly Sylvari, the mighty Norn, or the ingenious Asura.
- An Innovative Combat System - Featuring amazing skills, combos, improvisational tactics, and environmental weapons, the Guild Wars 2 combat system puts the fun back in MMO battles.
- Intense Player vs. Player Action - Take up arms in epic world vs. world warfare or test your skills against other players in PvP arenas.
- A Rich, Fully Realized Fantasy World - Developed over the past five years, the vast and incredibly detailed world of Tyria has been brought to life by an award-winning art and development team.